Dear Residents, Family and Friends:
On March 14, 2020, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services advised of a nationwide restriction on visitation for certain health facilities, due to the coronavirus. Though these restrictions were drafted for skilled nursing facilities, they address risks similar to those posed to other senior living communities. CMS has directed that only health care workers or end-of life visitors be allowed to visit the community during this time. Until further notice, we will follow this direction, and will not permit non-essential visitors. We continue to encourage virtual visitation by phone, FaceTime, Skype, etc. It is important for you to remain connected with your loved one, and we will be happy to work with you to accomplish this in the absence of an in-person visit.
In addition, we are proactively implementing infections control measures. These are some of the additional ways we are responding to the COVID-19 situation:
- Regularly screening staff and those limited visitors who meet the CMS criteria for proper hand washing and use of alcohol hand gels/sanitizers upon entering and while inside the community.
- Using a questionnaire to learn of any exposure generally or at any other community.
- Implementing isolation procedures as appropriate to each resident’s clinical condition.
- Limiting communal dining through in-room meals, social distancing, or staggered meal times.
- Requiring staff to stay home from work if ill.
- Limiting public entrance to one door.
- Questioning and assessing those limited visitors who meet the CMS criteriaprior to entry, and denying entry to anyone whose health or travel history poses a risk to the residents/staff in the community.
- Posting infection prevention signs.
- Monitoring the CDC and CMS websitesfor the latest information on COVID-19 prevention strategies, testing guidance, and recommendations for health care workers.
We are working hard to minimize the possible exposure associated with this virus. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we strive to keep your loved ones safe.